Let’s talk about Bulgur and how to prepare delicious Bulgur recipe
What is Bulgur?
Bulgur is a whole wheat grain that has been cracked and partially pre-cooked. It is used in many countries of the Middle East and in Mediterranean area. Sometimes people made mistake and exchange bulgur for couscous, which looks and taste very similar.
For me personally, I love both:) and both of them are great ingredients when you want to eat something healthy and light.
How to prepare Bulgur?
The best way for me is to cook it in water which is the easiest and fastest way.
Basically, prepare 2 cups of water + 1 cup of bulgur in the saucepan (keep ration 2:1).
Cook it for approx 10min and remove it from the heat. Drain any excess liquid and bulgur is ready to be served.
Bulgur recipe with Tofu
I often make Bulgur salads or warm dish with meat or tofu. This time, I prepared bulgur with tofu and vegetables.
Sometimes I basically use what I have left at home so you can mix any vegetables, meat or other products you like.
- Cook bulgur as per instructions above
- Rinse, dry, and chop vegetables (in this case I added onion, zucchini, tomato and mushrooms) + cut tofu to small pieces (soft tofu)
- Add oil in a wok or frying pan and place vegetables + tofu
- Add salt and pepper, fresh herbs if you have ( I added coriander this time) and a bit of soy sauce.
- At the end add bulgur and mix everything.
Dinner is ready:)
Remember that Bulgur has many ways to prepare, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients.
Follow our Food and Travel Blog for Weekly updates, Travel tips and Food recipes which you can easily prepare at home in few minutes.